Copywriting, advertising stingers, brochures, and website content: Art
for Art's Sake has handled it all, often under time constraints that
might leave other writers hiding under their desks. Feature articles,
round-ups, in-depth reviews: Laura Cameron brings her journalist's eye
(honed by an M.A. in Journalism from the University of Bournemouth, UK)
to a host of topics:
• Travel & tourism — heritage tourism, Lewis & Clark, museums,
touring and cruising in Europe and the Caribbean, family holidays,
California and New York wine country, regional history, profiles, and
• Home & style — food history and recipes, wine, Universal Design & ADA issues, home design, profiles, and more
• Recreation — rails to trails, hiking and biking, Big Sur, steam hobbyist vacations
2006 Monterey Land & See magazine
Major work-for-hire projects...
Land & See: the Official Guide to Monterey County
Complete rewrite of all travel features and support materials for the
2003 and 2006 editions of this 168-page Monterey County CVB publication.
All content, including historic property descriptions, for joint
venture website of the City of Monterey, California State Parks, and
Monterey History & Art Association.
All content and design for the website of the Monterey History & Art Association.
• How-Tos for a Beautiful Beach Wedding (Weddings in Monterey,
2008) Practical advice for couples planning beach weddings plus accompanying photo feature/interviews with happy couples who are glad they wed on the sands.
• Alan Masaoka: Glass With Class (Haven,
Fall/Winter 2007) Profiling master glass artist Alan Masaoka in his Carmel Valley Village studio.
• Monterey: Hippest New Travel Destination (Health Matters, Fall
2007) Covering a regional initiative to develop a "Wellness Tourism" program that combines state-of-the-art medical facilities with world-class spa treatments and a restful natural environment.
• The Best Medicine (65+, Summer
2007) Profiling humorist Larry Wilde, with emphasis on how a good sense of humor helps seniors cope with aging.
• A Stone's Throw: Morro Bay (East Bay Monthly,
2007) A long-weekend getaway escape to Morro Bay, a tiny hamlet on
California's Central Coast, full of open-air fun for the off-season.
(Read on line at http://www.themonthly.com/travel01-07.html, with link
to additional photographs.)
• Christmas in the Adobes (Monterey Herald special Holiday supplement, 2006) Heritage piece focusing on the buildings and events featured during Monterey's long-running Christmas-tide open house.
• Where to Wed When (Weddings in Monterey, 2006)
Special feature designed to help California brides select the perfect
match of location and season for a Central Coast wedding.